Wednesday, May 27, 2009

FINAL POST.... probably?

http://lhs.loswego.k12.or.us/z-mcbrides/AP/2009/09APbreadthconcentration.htm

Well.
I only have five days of school left. Really. No more public school for Ali, no more Lakeridge... it's so, well, odd. Graduation. Huh. I still have to yet to really wrap my mind around it.
Amid the stress and craziness that has been haunting my every move and breath these last few days, coming to art class is such a relaxer. At the beginning of the year I was nervous to be in AP, unsure of my qualatitive and quantative abilities; then I was excited to begin; then I was bored with the entire system; but now it's really just a calming experience. I am fairly satisfied with all of the pieces I created this year. A few of my concentration really make me happy... I definitely think that my skill has grown infinitely this past year. I don't know which piece is my favorite. There's some aspect to all of them that I'm proud of, and another bit that I wish I could have changed. Oh well. The forced focus on one theme for the concentration I actually found to be quite edifying....
Advice for future AP students? Hm. For one, decide on an idea and stick with it. Forcing yourself to continue with something not only teaches personal responsibility and dedication, but also expands your artistic boundaries. If you keep on changing or choosing things simply because they're easy for you to do, you will never learn anything new. So stay the course. Challenge yourself!
Also, at least try and look like you're doing something in class, or Mrs. McB will yell at you.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Your advice is so true. If any of you potential ap students are looking at this: take heed.